Saturday, January 10, 2009

My Favorite (Albeit Smelly) Thrift Store


We all have our favorite second-hand store here in New York, and since I am a.) often too lazy to leave the UES on the weekends and b.) easily intimidated by the LES stores' clientele, mine happens to be right in my neighborhood. The Arthritis Foundation Thrift Store on 3rd Ave at 81st St. is incredible - if you can stomach the stale cat smell and overflowing racks of unedited merchandise. When I have a good chunk of time on a Saturday afternoon, I'll stop in and scour the goods - which are usually marked down half price - and come out with at least one or two new staples for my closet.
Last week I bought an oversized Bill Blass beige cardigan that works brilliantly with leggings or skinny jeans. I believe I paid a whopping $15.
From Jan 27 to the 31st, they're hosting a Vintage Posh Sale - I'm sure the elderly volunteers came up with that ambiguous, all-encompassing title - but I'm intrigued nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment